Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Hi (Name of girl here),

You have been awfully quiet these days. Hope it’s not too much work and that you still haven’t turned into a bull-shitting, work-aholic professional :-)

There has been a very important theme in my mind for the past few days: how lousy the coffee in London is.

Since you are probably an expert in this matter, why don’t we have a coffee this weekend (a lousy one) to discuss it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, wait a minute. That would have been the e-mail I would have written to you.

With a 99% probability (or even higher, as pattern shows), you would have said you couldn’t, etc, etc.

And that’s just the part I don’t get AT ALL (yes, this is me being transparent).

I don’t know you at all. I don’t know where you are at in your life: if you’re dating someone, if you are strongly considering celibacy or even some other options that just include not receiving stupid e-mails.

My point is just that I like meeting people. If they are interesting (yes, this is the case with you and I would like to think it’s the case with me as well), I like to talk to them and get to know them better. That’s ALL. It’s really as simple as that.

Since I realize this e-mail is probably weird – even a bit shocking (it’s not too much, is it?) and definitely intrusive – as in any “spam aware” mailing-list, just send me an e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” and that’s it, no more weird and somewhat pointless e-mails.

Nein

P.S.: Forgive me for trying too hard, but I just saw too many AVIS ads when I was a kid. They used to say something like: “We are number 2, so we try harder.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLOG P.S.: I never sent this e-mail and probably never will, since I think in this case in particular we are already in “unsubscribe” mode.