Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Film: Quatre Etoiles

A great French comedy... one that I truly laughed to (with) in my latest flight. After "Le diner de cons" which is a truly superb comedy, this one follows in the same line: situational comedy at its best - French style; likeable characters and a hint of humanity that makes us all enjoy it.

The story is not that complex, but it works end-to-end. Isabelle Carré playing Franssou has a "je ne sais quoi" that just works in the comedy but also in the seduction front. Jose Garcia plays his part quite well and Francois Cluzet playing Rene makes comedy synonymous with laughing yourself out next to a group of not very understanding co-travelers.

I just hope that we don't get an adaptation of this to theatre like "Le diner de cons"... Although I quite like her, I just can't imagine Patsy Kensit playing Franssou :-)

No comments: