Monday, January 22, 2007

Of love, being faithful and getting someone back in "The Last Kiss"

"I love her, Stephen. I realize now I love her more than I will ever love anybody else"
"Stop talking about love. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing"
"But it's true"
"It still doesn't mean anything. What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters.
It's the only thing that counts. And you did do this thing, right?"
He nods and says: "I just saw the rest of my life, and there were no more surprises. This was it. I mean, it was great... But it was it"
"What makes you think this isn't gonna happen again?"
"I know it won't"
"Oh, right"
"Come on! Aren't we supposed to be able to learn from our mistakes? I did something horrible, but I learned from it. I met this little brunette and I faltered. Are you telling me that throughout your entire marriage you never faltered?"
Stephen stays quiet
"You haven't? Never?"
"Never"
"Oh, that makes me feel great"
"You think it's because I wasn't tempted? You think that this woman is the last brunette that's ever gonna let you know that she wants you? Look at me. I haven't met my last brunette"
"She's the last one I'm gonna kiss. I'm in love with your daughter, Stephen. And maybe that doesn't mean anything to you, but I'm standing here. You're her father. I'm looking you in the eyes and I'm telling you, I will do anything in the world to get your daughter back"
"Really? Anything?"
"I'll do anything"
"People say that. They don't mean it"
"But I mean it"
"Well, it's very simple. Just do whatever it takes"
"It's that simple?"
"Yes. You can't fail if you don't give up."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hiya everyone, I just signed up on this fantastic forum and desired to say gday! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

hiya


just registered and put on my todo list


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.