Saturday, January 27, 2007

A wii exercise

Well, I bought a Wii. I really couldn't resist it after peer pressure and also I found the whole thing let's say a bit ... goofy, which is good.

To convince myself, I kept saying that unlike the PS3 - my more serious game playing machine - this would become my exercise unit at home.

After a couple of issues (bought the Japanese version... stupid me), I did finally get it to work and played a bit of tennis. Today, I finally decided to test the Wii Sports suite to its most and play baseball, bowling and even do some boxing.

30 minutes later I can only say that although I did think I was sort of bullshitting when I tried to convince myself that it would be a good way of exercising... it actually IS a good way of exercising. I'm beat and re-invigorated and it was fun, surprisingly fun. I can do it alone, with friends and 30 minutes a day would not be bad exercise at all.

Anyway, buy a Wii if you want to exercise and are fed-up of trying gyms that you rarely go to.

No comments: