Saturday, August 02, 2008

Disclaimer on my "coverage" of the Olympics
First of all, I am not going to cover anything. I will most likely have fun and in the process "blog" about it. I am not a journalist and have no aspirations of being one. That said, I will bring to those that read nein (not that many, are you?), my views on the Olympics, the events, the people, the nightlife, etc.

A couple of disclaimers so we are all aligned before we go for it:
1) I will post on my blog as soon as I can... it may not always be immediately the day of the event, but I will try to be disciplined.
2) I have strong team preferences in some cases:
-- Portugal overall... or what would I be otherwise? If there is a Portuguese athlete or team involved, I will always be skewed towards him/her/them.
-- U.S. in many events, but in particular in Basketball - male and female - Beach Volleyball, Volleyball, etc.
-- China in some events, such as Table Tennis - male and female. A total fan of Zhang Yining, Wang Nan and Wang Liqin.
-- Federer in Tennis... I am definitely not a Nadal fan.
-- There might be others, but one thing is for sure, I do appreciate a good fight and if the better man/woman/team wins and it's not mine, not a problem... definitely not a sore loser... or at least, I think.
3) I will also try to post some pictures of the events.
4) I want your comments in. For those who do read the page... that's a MUST!!! I also accept requests that are legal and not impossible to achieve.

Really looking forward to this.

No comments: