Sunday, August 17, 2008

The two most interesting events I have attended so far

Going into the 2 week, it's important to recognize the two most interesting events I have been to. Specifically:
- Beach volley: the atmosphere, the fun you have as part of the audience is quite unique. Adding to that, the quality of the players and the quasi-individual battle of one against the other. I know it's teams but it's as close as it gets to 1+1 versus 1+1. V and I really enjoyed it.
- Women's Artistic Gymnastics: the overall competition, the drama of the American and Chinese performances, the beauty of the individual skills made it for me the most enjoyable sport thus far.

A special mention to football with the Men's quarter-final between Italy and Belgium. Not the best match of all time, but still very exciting from end-to-end. A good demonstration that having younger players at the Olympics might not necessarily be a bad thing.

No comments: