Thursday, October 05, 2006

Another Thoughts text. No special reason... just like it. (and no, no... it's not a "downer" :P )

Hope you like it too.

------------------------------------------------
Laranjeiras, March 4th 1999 (Lisbon, Portugal)

And now?

What should I do?
“Breathe!” – they kept on saying.
I could breathe, but did I want to?
To do that same old thing, over and over, meant being the same old person, or at least I thought so.
And now? What should I do?
“Breathe!”
Why can’t they say something different? Why can’t they say something I’ve never thought of?
I had a look around trying to find something to hang on to.
“Breathe!”
I kept on breathing, just trying to find that one thing. The one thing that would make me want to do it over and over again.
I finally gave up and stopped breathing.
I closed my eyes and waited.
Suddenly, I heard someone scream.
“Love!” – she said.
What did she mean by that?
“What are you talking about?” - I asked her.
“Love!” – she replied.
“But what does that mean?”
“Nothing, just love me” – she answered.
“Breathe!” – I kept on saying to myself.

MUSIC I WOULD BE (AM) LISTENING TO: “The trick is to keep breathing”, Garbage
FILM I WOULD BE (AM) WATCHING: “The taste of cherry”

No comments: