Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On the move

This is my first post using my mobile and although it's not ideal, it's not awful either.

This brings me to the theme for today: on the move.

On the move potentially implies a lot things: freedom of movement, running from something or someone, or simply not settling down... A neo-beatnik kind of experience.

I know a lot of people who literally live on the move and I'm probably a good example myself. A good example of something bad. Of this loss of grouding and even sense of home. Of this lost sense of belonging. Sure, there are some perks like the freedom that I spoke above.

But I leave you with a question: just how much is too much freedom?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

explain freedom.
how much freedom is being able to be tracked down with every physical move, by participating in the "freedom" our mobility tools give us?

Nein said...

Assuming one believes in God, it's probably the same thing, right? We are given freedom to make our own choices, but ultimately we are observed at all times. I guess I don't see being observed as lack of freedom, but rather if someone/somethings actually imposes limitations on my actions, which is currently not the case. Makes any sense?