Saturday, November 11, 2006

Venice and Paris

The last time I went to Venice I truly hated it. I thought I would love it. After all it's the city of romance. Well, I went alone so I ended up writing, writing and writing and not much more. It wasn't fun... at all. I didn't like the city... it was end of Summer, but there were too many tourists. I had been there before and it wasn't like that. Sure, I was a kid then, but it wasn't.

Paris... I've been there tons of times on work, leisure. I've even lived there for a while and I always see something positive about the city... it just takes me away with the flow and all of a sudden, even if I don't want to, I fall in love with something, with someone. It's just one of those cities.

Throughout the years I always thought that Paris stood for passion, whereas Venice stood for the more mature love, even true love. Today, I'm sure or at least I believe in it.

The theory - there had to be one - is that although I've in love (passion love) several times in Paris and have even enjoyed the city while in a relationship... there has to be more. There has to be a "true love" city and I bet on Venice.

So, I would say I am just looking to enjoy Venice truly. It has to be possible after all. Maybe it will just be about taking someone special (the one?!) there. Well, it's a tremendous responsibility for one city, but you can't blaim me at aiming at that.

No comments: