Monday, November 27, 2006

Previous notion of beauty: Found it

A couple of years ago I looked for this Cacharel ad on the Internet. I had seen it some years before in a bus stop and there was something about it. It was the blonde figure on the poster. It just seemed so close to perfection. So beautiful and earthly, yet so ethereal.

Today, I just googled it again. I hadn't tried it in years and ... I found it.

The strange thing is that it did not have the impact I thought it would have. Sure, the blonde girl is still gorgeous, but somehow the notion of beauty that she represented is not longer true. It's as if she is beautiful, but she does not represent perfection, because that notion has simply changed over the years.

No clues on my new notion of beauty. I will just share the poster any way (copyright Cacharel, in case I haven't been clear enough).

3 comments:

Nein said...

Fair point, but the question I ask myself is: is it all in the eye of the beholder? Ie, who is the ultimate judge of a truth, such as perfect woman?

Anonymous said...

Well, I would argue that perfection can be measured objectively, but perhaps not by anyone who is not also perfect, or in posession of perfect knowledge.

But I think if something you thought was perfect turns out not to be perfect when you revisit it, it was never perfect.

Nein said...

Makes sense. I am a bit fundamentalist, so I believe no human can assess perfection, precisely because we cannot be perfect.