Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yet another Thoughts text from 7 years ago. How I was different then... or was I?

---------------------------------------------------
Almada, January 4th 1999 (Almada, Portugal)

On a Glorious Day

I was looking outside through the window.

"What a glorious day." - I thought.

I decided to go outside. While leaving the house, I realised there was something missing.

"My laptop!" - I screamed. There was no answer.

I looked for it and eventually found it under some papers I had been working on.

I went outside, sat on the grass and just looked up.

The sun was shining.

"What a glorious day." - I thought.

I started writing another "thought".

I decided to call it "On a glorious day".

It was about dreams and happiness.

Suddenly, I felt someone behind me.

I turned around quickly and grabbed her.

Yes, her...

My daughter.

I felt being pulled from behind. It was my son.

"Is this a son-daughter conspiracy?" - I asked, while trying to "take over" the situation.

"No.This is more like a family conspiracy."

It was my wife, who had decided to help our children out.

After struggling, I finally was able to grab my laptop and used my writing as an excuse for not being "attacked" again.

It stuck.

"You haven't written the date yet." - my wife realised, while looking at the "thought".

"Yeah, I seem to have forgotten to write it."

January...

4th.

2009.

On a surprisingly sunny day.

"What a glorious day." - I said out loud.

"Isn't it just a regular one?" - said my wife.

I looked at her and we kissed.


MUSIC I WOULD BE (AM) LISTENING TO: "Empty", Janet Jackson
FILM I WOULD BE (AM) WATCHING: "Everyone says I love you"

---------------------------------------------------

P.S.: This is truly my "white picket fence" text.

No comments: