Sunday, September 17, 2006

Demented

I looked up Dementia in the dictionary and it says:

1. Deterioration of intellectual faculties, such as memory, concentration, and judgment, resulting from an organic disease or a disorder of the brain. It is sometimes accompanied by emotional disturbance and personality changes.

2. Madness; insanity. See Synonyms at insanity.

Ok, so I looked at Insanity and it says:

1. Persistent mental disorder or derangement. No longer in scientific use.

2. Law
a. Unsoundness of mind sufficient in the judgment of a civil court to render a person unfit to maintain a contractual or other legal relationship or to warrant commitment to a mental health facility.
b. In most criminal jurisdictions, a degree of mental malfunctioning sufficient to relieve the accused of legal responsibility for the act committed.

3.
a. Extreme foolishness; folly.
b. Something that is extremely foolish.

Ok, so what? I was just trying to understand if the "lands" around me are demented or if I'm demented. Not really sure, just more confused after looking at the definitions.

Am I demented? Am I insane?

I don't know. I just remember this one quote that I really like: "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Well, let's just be positive about it. Even if I am, at least I should enjoy it.

No comments: